TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I see.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I see.

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on January 22, 2011 at 8:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 1034 times.

In Reply To I see. posted by ZiNnYc on January 22, 2011 at 06:40 PM

Message Your right, all the stock parts that Nissan designed to work together and that were a reasonable size in relation to one another could not have been correct and the throttle bodies MUST have been way oversized.

These guys must have been making a huge mistake when they used those kind of large throttle bodies on this poorly built set up.

When upgrading and increasing the size of every other part that moves air to larger sizes, leaving a smaller diameter throttle body that is 1.96 inch’s is just pain foolish and leaving power on the table and is also wasting the money on the other mods due to simply choking off the gain you added with the other parts.
It all needs to work tother.

If you think it is wise to run 2.5 inch pipes and put a 2 inch hole at the end that has a plate inside farther reducing it's size..............well, I really do not know what to say as at this point I am sure I am more frustraed than you.

There are formula's to figure all this stuff out down to a fairly reasonable science. We can not even fit the correct size throttle body on the stock manifold without cutting it up for some of the turbo applications available for this car.

I am quite certain that if what I have said so far makes no since, than sharing the formula's with you would not be pretty.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.